Friday, April 20, 2012

Green Fashion Show 2012

Wednesday was the annual Ashland University Green Fashion Show. The idea is that all designs entered are made from recyclable materials. The show was great. I myself didn't enter, but some of my friends did, and there were a ton of gorgeous, wearable garments on display! (Click on the photos for a larger version)

Picture by Meredith Liedtke
 The decorations on the front of this one are CDs. How cool is that?

Picture by me
Who would have thought bubble wrap could look this amazing?? I would totally wear this!


Picture by Meredith Liedtke
 I'm not sure what this one is made of (paper bags, perhaps?) but it's really cool!

Picture by me
The skirt on this one is made of hand-glued coffee filters! It moved beautifully on the runway. (I apologize for the weird lighting. They had the lights really low in Redwood.)

Picture by me
This is another coffee filter dress. Isn't it amazing how it looks completely different than the other one? People are so creative. ;)

Picture by me
Again, I'm not sure what this is made of (my guess is tissue paper) but it's really fun.

Picture by me
This was the winning design in the Fashion Merchandising category. I thought it was cool, but it wasn't my favorite. I loved the model's hair, though.

Picture by me
This is one of my fellow Fashion Merchandising majors with his model. Cute skirt alert!


Picture by Meredith Liedtke
I think this one might have been made out of toilet paper. I found it absolutely stunning. And HOW did she make the bodice so neat and sturdy??

Picture by Meredith Liedtke
 This was my favorite outfit from the whole evening. She made that dress out of records! How cool is that!! And I don't know what the skirt is made of, but it matches perfectly. I LOVE the headpiece. I think it is basically a melted record. You can't see it in this picture, but she also had a train with sparkly CDs on them. Here's another picture so you can see it better:

Picture by me
How cute is that? (And how cute are my two friends in this picture?? ;D)

 And thank you to Meredith, whose pictures I have used.

3 comments:

  1. THESE. ARE. SO. CUTE!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought all of them were pretty cool but I might actually wear the one that Teah wore.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to read and respond!