Friday, May 24, 2013

What I Love: 5/24/12

Today's Blog Every Day in May topic: your top 3 worst traits.

Oh this'll be fun...

The first "worst" that comes to mind is I don't know how to say no. In some cases this could be a good thing, but it almost always results in me double-booking or over-working myself, which results in stress, which then sometimes gets taken out on other people. And that's not okay.

The second, I would say, is that I'm messy. I don't like this about myself, because it also means that I am lazy...I'm just to lazy to clean up after myself. I try to be better about this, but some days I am just too lazy to get up and put something away.

The last (on this list, anyway) is that I jump to conclusions. I assume people mean one thing, when they may mean something completely different. Sometimes, when I'm talking to someone, if I don't quite hear them I will make a guess as to what they said. And I am not always right. Also, I've caught myself making judgments or assumptions about someone based on how they look or act, without getting to know them.

I guess the point of this is, I'm a broken, imperfect human being. I want to be loving and Christ-like, but sometimes I fail. I want to overcome these things, but I cannot do it alone. I desperately need God by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to read and respond!